If you aspire to be fantastic gymnast like Samantha Peszek, you need an equally great coach. In this episode, Sam welcomes Mary Lee Tracy, a coach who has taught gymnastic legends such as Jaycie Phelps, Amanda Borden, and Amelia Hundley. Mary discusses confidence, what makes a great coach, and how to be a 24-hour athlete.
- 4:16 What is the “IT” factor of a young gymnast
- 6:30 How to build the confidence of a young gymnast
- 13:10 The relationship between coaches and gymnast’s parents
- 15:00 Who was the most and least confident gymnast Mary trained?
- 18:30 The difference between JO and Elite training
- 21:30 How to be a 24-hour athlete
- 24:20 The nutrition aspect of being a gymnast
- 27:50 What makes a great coach
- 30:00 How to get an athlete to peak at the right time
- 32:46 What to expect from an athlete with an injury
- 35:45 What is the most important thing in a workout
- 39:05 How to get an athlete out of a rut
- 42:45 How to turn a JO athlete to an Elite athlete
- 45:30 How to improve every day
Connect with Sam
Sam on Instagram
BeamQueenBootcamp on Instagram
Sam on Twitter
Sam on Facebook
Podcast production and marketing provided by Fullcast.